Saturday, December 12, 2015

I have prayed.
I have fasted.
I have rebuked, bound, loosed, prayed crying, prostrate on the floor. I have recited prayers, written prayers, quoted scripture, and surrounded myself with His Word.
I have carried my Bible to every appointment, clinging to its presence for comfort.
Yet I still felt alone. So alone, and so confused.
I know my God. I love my God.
He never leaves nor forsakes me. He holds me in the palm of His hand.
He delights over me with singing and rejoicing.
So what was going on? Where was He?
He was there. He always was, and always will be.
He went before us, preparing the way for us to be blessed, even when we doubted and didn't give Him the praise. (Forgive me Lord- You are SO good to us!)
He was the nurse who shared her faith with us. The friend who texted randomly to pray for us.
The acquaintance who texted through a long night, lifting me up and reassuring me.
He was the sun rising after another sleepless night, and the stars that pierced the darkness when I escaped alone to cry out.
He was the glimmer of hope each new day.
His mercies are new every morning.
He is Emmanuel. He is with us. Always. Sometimes we just feel His Presence in ways we don't expect.
Thank You Jesus. You are worthy to be praised. 
I'm so thankful that you truly never leave nor forsake us, and are more Present than we could ever imagine. Emmannuel.

No comments: